top of page
Tue, 17 Jan|
Labour Party's Skills and Education Policy
The Lifelong Education Commission will be organising a panel event in Parliament to discuss the Labour Party's skills and education policy vision, following the recent publication of the Report of the Labour Party's Council of Skills Advisers.
Time & Location
17 Jan, 10:30 – 12:00
London, 1 Parliament St, London SW1A 2JR, UK
About the Event
This event is now fully booked. If you would like to be placed in the waiting list, please contact email@example.com
Key discussion points
- Transforming the Apprenticeship Levy into a 'Growth and Skills Levy'
- Providing targeted training support at local and sectoral skills 'cold spots'
- The 'green skills' agenda and its importance for future social and economic growth
- The path to an integrated tertiary education system and what that would look like
- Toby Perkins MP, Shadow Minister for FE and Skills
- Sir Philip Augar
- Prof. Vicky Duckworth, Professor of Further Education, Edge Hill University
- Michelle Smyth, Head of Government & External Affairs, The Open University
- Dr. Marius Ostrowski, Executive Director, Lifelong Education Commission (Chair)
bottom of page